Equine Herpes Virus
AlertCalifornia EHV-1 Causing EHM Disease Update as of 12 pm 5/21/2011
- The positive confirmed cases are located in the following 11 counties: Amador(1), Glenn(2), Kern(2), Los Angeles(1), Marin(1), Napa(1), Placer (2), Plumas(1), Shasta(1), Stanislaus(3), Ventura(1).
- Fifteen(15) of the confirmed positive EHM CA cases participated in the National Cutting Horse Association’s Western National Championships in Ogden, Utah.
- One(1) of the confirmed positive EHM CA cases participated only in the Kern County Cutting Horse Event on May 13th in Bakersfield, CA.
- One confirmed positive EHM horse was euthanized after showing severe neurological signs associated with EHM.
- Two confirmed positive EHM horses are being treated at the University of California Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital in Davis.
- Six positive horses have displayed neurological signs. The other cases have only been febrile.
- All positive confirmed EHM cases are under a State Quarantine.
|California EHV-1 Disease Update as of 3pm 5/20/2011 |